Dr. Syal has been practicing obstetrics and gynecology in The Woodlands since 1992. He has delivered over 6,000 babies and continues to maintain an active OB practice, delivering babies at Methodist the Woodlands Hospital. Dr. Syal has undergone special training with the da Vinci Robot, and his accomplishments in this regard allow him to provide women with an extremely minimally invasive surgery approach to treat gynecologic disorders.
Areas of interest for Dr. Syal include pelvic pain, hormone problems, bladder problems, menopause, and the advancement of robotic and office-based surgery. Dr. Syal is a board-certified OB/GYN physician who is also fully certified for the use of the da Vinci robot to perform minimally invasive surgery. He is a proctor and trainer for Boston Scientific in the latest treatments for urinary incontinence and pelvic reconstruction.
Dr. Syal and his entire team welcome you to the Woodlands OB/GYN Associates and we look forward to caring for you throughout your lifetime.
- College: Austin College 1980-1984 BA
- Medical: University of Texas Medical Branch 1984-1988
- Residency: University of Texas Medical Branch 1988-1992
- Board Certification Date: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1995
- Board Recertification Date: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2013
- 1992-current The Woodlands, Texas
- Best of Woodlands
- Diplomat of American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Texas Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS)
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- Methodist the Woodlands Hospital
- Dr. Syal and his wife have lived in the Woodlands since he started his practice in 1992. They have two sons.
- Outside interests include tennis and snow skiing.