Heavy menstrual bleeding is not normal and can be treated effectively through a procedure called NovaSure endometrial ablation.
NovaSure endometrial ablation is a quick, safe, and simple procedure to lighten – and possibly stop heavy periods. NovaSure endometrial ablation addresses the issue of heavy bleeding without the use of hormones or the risks associated with hysterectomy.
If you are experiencing heavy bleeding and your family is complete, ask your doctor if uterine ablation is right for you.
Here are some simple questions to help you decide if NovaSure endometrial ablation is for right you:
- Does your period affect your quality of life?
- Are your periods heavy or do they last longer than 5-7 days?
- Would your quality of life improve if you could decrease or potentially eliminate your heavy periods?
- Do your heavy periods affect your social, athletic or sexual activities or cause you to miss work?
- Do you change protection frequently or carry large quantities of feminine products and/or a change of clothes?
- Do your heavy periods cause anxiety, or pain?
Advantages of NovaSure Endometrial Ablation
- Simple in-office procedure with minimal recovery. Most patients return to normal activity the next day
- 9 out of 10 patients experience reduced bleeding during their cycles
- 97% avoidance of hysterectomy at five years post-procedure
- 93% patient satisfaction in the pivotal trial
Steps of the NovaSure Procedure: