Experience Well-Woman Visits w/Woodlands OBGYN
Obstetrician/Gynecologists have a tradition of providing preventative care to women. An annual well-woman visit provides an excellent opportunity to counsel patients about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and minimizing health risks. Your well-woman visit is the foundation of your gynecologic care.
Learn to Be Well at Every Stage
As you change, your needs and concerns will also change. Your yearly appointment is about more than just doing a pap smear. It is an opportunity to discuss your overall health, birth control concerns or options, hormones, gynecologic problems, or a future pregnancy. Appropriate screening tests such as pap smear, mammogram, ultrasound, and blood tests will be recommended as needed.
Your first OB/GYN well-woman visit should be around the age of 18 years, or sooner if you have a gynecologic problem or you begin sexual activity.
Well-Woman Exam Preparations
There are several things you can do to help prepare for your well-woman visit each year with Woodlands OBGYN Associates. Here are a few:
- For two days prior to your appointment, do not have intercourse or insert anything into your vagina.
- Write down your questions ahead of time.
- Be prepared to discuss your medical history, and bring previous medical records for any ongoing concerns/problems you may have.
- Bring a list of your current medications, including vitamins and supplements.
- Be sure to note the first calendar day that your last period started.
Test results are available within two weeks of your appointment. By creating a secure account through our patient portal, you can easily update your information, fill out forms, request appointments, ask billing questions, ask medical questions, and even request to receive test results by a secure HIPPA-compliant email. Setting up an account is easy and gives you access to our office at any time. Log in or register here.