Everything You Wanted To Know About Physician Supervised Medical Weight Loss Programs
Losing weight has never been easy. Most of us struggle to lose weight gradually and reach out perfect weight level and it is a vicious circle where we diet, fall off the dieting bandwagon and then again go on a crash diet and try to lose weight gradually. This almost never works, right? Weight loss means dieting, sticking to a calorie-count and even avoiding your favorite food. On top of all that, when the diet fails as it inevitably will, the patient experiences poor self esteem and depression that can be very difficult to deal with. So what do you do? Leave dieting altogether? How else will you lose weight gradually?
Medical Weight Loss: A Better Idea To Lose Weight Gradually
Medi Weightloss a medically sound and physician supervised program – a medical weight loss program offering services to men, women and children.
Dr. Raj Syal of Woodlands OBGY Associates is the Medical Director. Medi Weightloss is a physician supervised medical weight loss program located at 25701 I-45 North Suite 5; The Woodlands, TX 77380. The phone # is 281.203.0300.
It may be necessary for the patient to incorporate lifestyle change programs like yoga and meditation. Increased exercise will also be necessary to ensure weight loss. Some dieters also have to stop adverse habits like smoking, alcohol and bad eating habits to gain health and to lose weight gradually.
Check ups and follow ups
Patients or dieters are allowed to follow their dietary guidelines but they do have to return the clinic for regular progress reports. The frequency of check-up and follow-up will vary from patient to patient. However, most patients are encouraged to visit the clinic once a week in the first few weeks of treatment. At every visit, the doctor will assess BMI, blood pressure, height, weight and other parameters to ensure that the patient is losing weight according to pre-decided plan. This ensures patient compliance. Once the initial weight-loss goals are achieved, the patient can decrease their frequency of visits. However, periodic continual follow-ups are encouraged to ensure that patient’s remain on their diet patterns.
The bottom line is that you gain health permanently with a lifestyle change, better nutrition and overall BMI reduction
- Dr. Raj Syal is a licensed physician who is qualified to assess your current medical conditions like diabetes and hypercholesterolemia and control these conditions along with your weight.
- The same person can control all your health and weight problems and you are less likely to experience a diet relapse.
- Research has shown that even a 5% of body weight can result in improvements in BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose and insulin levels. You gain health and the doctor will ensure that you follow nutrition charts, lifestyle change programs and lose weight gradually but healthily.
- In a medical weight loss program, your doctor also has the option of admitting you to an in-patient health program which will provide weight loss medications and nutrition supplements. They can also admit you to a surgical department to carry out a bariatric surgery to gain health quickly.
- You are encouraged to follow counseling sessions, lifestyle change sessions and even an improved nutrition program to ensure overall health.
This is not a fad diet or a gimmick. It is a medically based lifestyle change.
We feel that having a physician supervised weight loss program could ensure that you lose weight, control your BMI and keep it off permanently. As a doctor is supervising your weight loss, there is very little chance of you relapsing and very little chance of damaging your body and your health permanently through crash diets. Along with the weight loss, most medical weight loss programs also ensure that other health conditions like diabetes, cholesterol, etc are brought under control as well with regular medications, lifestyle change, and improve nutrition.
There is an expense
Following a medical weight loss program does involve an expense. Though you gain health, your insurance provider may not provide coverage for a physician supervised weight loss program even if you demonstrate better health and improved BMI. We recommend you inquire beforehand to find out whether the lifestyle change program or a nutrition program is covered. If the lifestyle change, nutrition program and BMI improvement program is not covered, you can always work with your physician to pay off the procedure in the form of installments.
Frankly, we feel it’s a win-win deal all around and you have nothing to lose except your weight and everything to gain in the form of perfect health.
Dr. Syal MD, F.A.C.O.G.