PRP Hair Restoration
Hair loss can be an embarrassing issue!
Male and female pattern hair loss is a genetic problem that can leave you feeling helpless. Options, like prescription drugs, are often partially effective and carry the potential for unwanted side effects. Surgical hair restoration can be expensive and does not treat the underlying medical problems.
Now there is an affordable way for you to improve your hair density without surgery or harmful side effects. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) for hair restoration in The Woodlands, TX involves a simple injection of your own platelets into the vascular layer of your scalp.
Dr. Syal is the only practictioner to offer this service.
PRP for Hair Regrowth
- Increases blood supply to the follicle
- Increase shaft size (thickness)
- Triggers and maintain the growth phase
- Control hair growth cycle
- Decreases hair loss
How PRP Works
Platelets contain healing growth factors. Those growth factors are like signal callers that give instructions to your tissue to regenerate and multiply. This has lead different fields of medicine to utilize PRP for wound healing speed up recovery and time and regrow healthier, stronger tissue.
Now doctors have discovered new benefits for hair thickening and regrowth. With PRP for Hair, your growth factors and stem cells work together to reverse the miniaturization of the hair follicle and jumpstarting dormant hair back into the growth stage.
PRP for Hair Loss
This quick injection involves the collection and concentration of your body’s own platelets using a very easy three-step process.
- Step 1 – A special collection tube is used to draw your blood and is placed in the centrifuge.
- Step 2 – After 10 minutes of centrifugation, the platelets are concentrated and drawn up into a syringe.
- Step 3 – Using a small needle, the platelets are then injected strategically into your scalp in the areas that need improvement.
Hair-Raising Fast Facts
- The percentage of men who have noticeable hair loss:
- Age 35 – 60 : 40%
- Age 60 – 80 : 65%
- Age 80 – 85 : 70%
- Age 85+ : 80%
- The average number of hair follicles on the scalp is 110,000.
- The average number of hair lost daily is 100.
- There is an average of 35 million men and 21 million women in the U.S. who are experiencing hair loss.
- 80% of women will have noticeable hair loss by the age of 60.
- The worldwide number of hair-loss sufferers is 811,363 that are seeking professional hair treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I am a good candidate for PRP?
Talk to your physician for a proper diagnosis and to create a treatment plan.
How many treatments are required?
Treatment will vary based on your need. Initially, your provider may recommend several treatments, spaced 1 month apart. After the initial treatment, many physicians suggest maintenance treatments of 2-4 times per year.
Is the PRP for hair restoration process time-consuming?
No, collecting the PRP usually only takes 10-15 minutes. And the PRP treatment itself is even faster, it often takes as little as 3-5 minutes.
Does the procedure hurt?
There may be some sensitivity. However, most physicians utilize the effective anesthetic solutions, such as cold ambient air or a topical analgesic to minimize any potential discomfort. Talk to your physicians about the right option for you.
Is there any recovery time?
There is no downtime or a long recovery process. You may take a warm shower the evening of the treatment. In addition, it is advised to avoid using any harsh dyes or chemicals on your hair for 48 hours.
Is there a cure for baldness?
PRP is not a cure for baldness (Androgenic Alopecia). The generic medical problem will always remain. However, there is evidence that regular treatments can significantly slow down the effects of Androgenic Alopecia and works to increase hair density.
Ask your provider for more details if PRP is right for you*.
* Individual results may varyCall 281-364-9898