About Dr. Syal
Dr. Syal has been practicing Obstetrics and Gynecology in The Woodlands since 1992 and is the founder of Woodlands OB/GYN Associates. He has delivered over 6000 babies in this community. Recently Dr. Syal made a career decision to stop delivering babies. This decision now allows him to concentrate his time on gynecology and surgery.
His areas of interest include pelvic pain, menstrual problems, bladder dysfunctions, menopause, hormone dysfunctions and the advancement of robotic and office-based surgery. Dr. Syal is a board certified OB/Gyn physician who is also fully certified for the use of the da Vinci robot. He also performs complex surgeries for vaginal reconstruction, urinary incontinence and cosmetic vaginoplasty.
In addition to his practice, Dr. Syal was honored to serve as President of the Medical Staff at Houston Methodist, The Woodlands thru December 2019.
Dr. Syal and his entire team welcome you to Woodlands OB/GYN Associates and we look forward to caring for you throughout your lifetime.
- College: Austin College 1980-1984 BA
- Medical: University of Texas Medical Branch 1984-1988
- Residency: University of Texas Medical Branch 1988-1992
- Board Certification Date: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1995
- Board Recertification Date: American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2013
- 1992-current The Woodlands, Texas
Dr. Syal was voted “Best OB/GYN” on Woodlands Online’s Best of The Woodlands from 2011 to 2023
- Diplomat of American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Texas Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS)
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
- Methodist the Woodlands Hospital
- Dr. Syal and his wife have lived in the Woodlands since he started his practice in 1992. They have two sons.
- Outside interests include tennis and snow skiing.