Experience Well-Woman Visits w/Woodlands OBGYN
Obstetrician/Gynecologists have a tradition of providing preventative care to women. An annual well-woman visit provides an excellent opportunity to counsel patients about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and minimizing health risks. Your well-woman visit is the foundation of your gynecologic care.
Learn to Be Well at Every Stage:
As you change, your needs and concerns will also change. Your yearly appointment is about more than just doing a pap smear. It is an opportunity to discuss your overall health, birth control concerns or options, hormones, gynecologic problems, or a future pregnancy. Appropriate screening tests such as pap smear, mammogram, ultrasound, and blood tests will be recommended as needed.
Your first OB/GYN well-woman visit should be around the age of 18 years, or sooner if you have a gynecologic problem or you begin sexual activity.
Well-Woman Exam Preparations:
There are several things you can do to help prepare for your well-woman visit each year with Woodlands OBGYN Associates. Here are a few:
- For two days prior to your appointment, do not have intercourse or insert anything into your vagina.
- Write down your questions ahead of time.
- Be prepared to discuss your medical history, and bring previous medical records for any ongoing concerns/problems you may have.
- Bring a list of your current medications, including vitamins and supplements.
- Be sure to note the first calendar day that your last period started.
Test results are typically available within one week of your appointment. By creating a secure account through our patient portal, request appointments, ask billing questions, ask medical questions and even request to receive test results by a secure HIPPA-compliant email. Setting up an account is easy and gives you access to our office at any time. Log in or register here.