Intimate areas such as the vagina can be sensitive, and some women experience issues with the skin, tissues, or organs in this area. Women who are noticing certain issues such as uncomfortable sex, rubbing of excess vaginal skin and tissues, or prolapse of pelvic organs can connect with Woodlands OBGYN Associates to discus possible surgical treatments. Our doctors offer both medically-necessary surgeries for the vaginal area as well as esthetic treatments. We service women in and around the area The Woodlands, TX and beyond.
What vaginal procedures are performed at Woodlands OBGYN Associates?
Below are the more common vaginal procedures performed at our practice with our team of professionals:
- Vaginoplasty. Also known as “vaginal rejuvenation”, this surgery is designed to tighten the vaginal muscles and tissues that may have been stretched or loosened from childbirth or aging.
- Labiaplasty. This procedure can help to improve the appearance of the labia by reducing excess tissue or correcting asymmetry.
- Clitoral hood reduction. Also known as a “clitoral unhooding”, this procedure is performed to reduce the size of the clitoral hood in order to improve clitoral sensation.
- Perineoplasty. This surgery is designed to correct any damage or congenital defects in the perineum, which is the area between the vagina and anus. This may be done as a stand-alone procedure or in conjunction with others, such as a vaginoplasty.
- Pelvic organ prolapse surgery. This surgery is performed to correct a prolapse, or the downward displacement, of one or more of the pelvic organs (uterus, bladder, rectum). It is often done in conjunction with a vaginoplasty.
These are just some of the more common vaginal surgeries performed at our facility. If you have a unique condition that requires surgical intervention, call our team to request an evaluation.
Call Woodlands OBGYN Associates today to request an appointment
Whether you are seeking cosmetic enhancement of the vaginal area or a medically necessary procedure due to damage or changes in the vaginal canal, our team at Woodlands OBVYN Associates can assist with surgical procedures. Call our office located in The Woodlands, TX area at 281-364-9898 to request an appointment with our providers, including Drs. Kellyn Rielly, Holly Westmoreland, Raj Syal, and Jenna Everson.