Feel Free to Enjoy Life Again
Heavy menstrual bleeding is not normal and can be treated effectively through a procedure called an endometrial ablation. This innovative and minimally invasive procedure offers a quick, safe, and simple way to lighten – and possibly stop, heavy periods. The endometrial procedure addresses the issue of heavy bleeding without the use of hormones or the risks associated with hysterectomy.
Heavy Bleeding Under Control
If you are experiencing heavy bleeding and your family is complete, ask your Woodlands OBGYN doctor if uterine ablation is right for you. Below are some simple questions to help you decide if NovaSure and Minerva endometrial ablation is for right you:
- Does your period affect your quality of life?
- Are your periods heavy or do they last longer than 5-7 days?
- Would your quality of life improve if you could decrease or potentially eliminate your heavy periods?
- Do your heavy periods affect your social, athletic or sexual activities or cause you to miss work?
- Do you change protection frequently or carry large quantities of feminine products and/or a change of clothes?
- Do your heavy periods cause anxiety, or pain?
Advantages Endometrial Ablation
We offer both the NovaSure and Minerva technologies.
- Simple in-office procedure with minimal recovery. Most patients return to normal activity the next day
- 9 out of 10 patients experience reduced bleeding during their cycles
- 97% avoidance of hysterectomy at five years post-procedure
- 93% patient satisfaction in the pivotal trial
- Usually covered by insurance
At Woodlands OBGYN Associates, we perform the NovaSure and Minerva Endometrial Ablation procedure in our office with a board-certified anesthesiologist. Under IV sedation, your doctor and anesthesiologist will monitor you continuously for your safety. After a short recovery period in our office, you will be able to return home and rest. You will be required to have someone drive you home after this procedure. To learn more about what to expect from this procedure, click NovaSure and Minerva.
If you would like to consider endometrial ablation, please contact our office today at 281.364.9898. We would be happy to speak with you about whether or not you are a good candidate for this procedure.