Hormone Pellets Treat Menopause Symptoms
- Posted on: May 19 2016
Believe it or not, hormone pellets have been readily available in the US since the 1930’s. Moreover, they have been proven to perform in the body far better today because they are bio-identical hormones.
Hormone pellets are tiny time-released pills that are inserted directly underneath skin fat, so that they are slowly absorbed into the bloodstream over time. These pellets especially help women who may be experiencing harsh menopausal symptoms; and they have been proven to help these ladies get back to feeling like their youthful healthy self. At the same time, it is important to know that relief is only accomplished through following up with your gynecologist as needed, and understanding the realistic expectations of hormone pellet therapy.
What is the insertion procedure?
Before taking any hormone therapy, women are encouraged to first seek a professional consultation with their gynecologist, who will then order basic bloodwork and testing procedures to see if they are a good candidate for therapy.
Once returned results are clear, the doctor will begin the procedure. A small area on your buttock will be numbed with anesthetic; then a small cut, about 2mm – 1/16th of an inch, will then be made in the numbed area. The hormone pellets are then inserted deeply into the fat underneath the skin with a small metal tube and plunger. Since pellets are as tiny as a grain of rice, their size makes the procedure painless, and you aren’t aware of their placement. The incision is then covered with a steri-strip, which will fall off after 4 or 5 days, when the skin is healed.
Treating menopause symptoms…
Although symptoms vary from woman to woman, most women feel healthier and happier once the pellets begin working. Many women have reported noticing the following improvements:
- Improved memory
- Higher energy levels
- Increased libido
- Better sleeping patterns
- Reduced depression and moodiness
- Reduced acne, dry, and oily skin
- Little to no hot flashes
- Improved weight management
Please note that these changes typically take place after a few treatments over several months. Women usually begin their 2nd set of pellets 4-6 months after the 1st treatment. Benefits last for a year or more, by which time most women have reached their peak condition. A healthy diet and regular exercise can also enhance your results.
Knowing the pros and cons of taking hormone pellets, and following your doctor’s advice, will help to establish whether or not hormone therapy is right for you.
- Only natural biological ingredients are used in making the pellets.
- They have not been found to cause cancer, or any other type of health complications thus far.
- They are easy to use, since they are inserted.
- The time-release feature causes the body to properly absorb the right dosage amounts over time; which reduces risk of experiencing hormone level fluctuations, and missed dosages.
- Insertion is a virtually painless procedure.
- Once the pellets have been inserted, therapy must continue.
- Requires anesthesia and an incision.
- Depending on your health history, there may be side effects that you’ll have to monitor.
Overall, hormone pellets are great for effectively reducing the symptoms of menopause; however, successful and satisfying results will only come when you follow through with the therapy under your doctor’s care and recommendations.
Interested in hormone pellets? Schedule a consultation with the Woodlands OBGYN Associates.
Tagged with: hormone pellets
Posted in: Hormones